Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Installing Java on Ubuntu



Yes, I believe in the present day everybody use Java. So I don’t need to explain what is Java because you can found it on Wikipedia or another site to getting know more.

Here I just want to make a notes for my self, cause I’m tired to searching this method on the net every time I need to installing  Java on Ubuntu. Here’s the steps:

First you need to remove openjdk if it’s installed or if you don’t know is it installed on your system. Just remove it from your terminal (Ctrl-Alt-T) with this following command.

sudo apt-get purge openjdk*

If you have Java installed from another PPA and you are having problem with it then you have to do following steps before installing the new one.

sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/oracle-java7-installer*

sudo apt-get purge oracle-java7-installer*

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*java*

sudo apt-get update

Now you can install the new Java with this following commands

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webup8team/java

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer

You can check the Java version by searching Java Control Panel on Dashboard.

Filled Under:

0 comments:

Post a Comment